View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exsg View Post
Hi 80B,

Thanks for your sharing.

I currently use c2500 and 601s with the cm9v1. I share the same thoughts too. The 802s are very transparent, neutral and clean. With the C2500, it might be a good blend to make it more natural without becoming too warm.

My main concern with SF are their trademark sound that leans towards being warmer. This may not go as well with pop and fast music. Not many videos on youtube on the AF compared to the 802 and 803 d3s. Can hear the differences already via these videos.

My local dealer is closed on Mondays; was planning to go today.

Thanks all for your sharing.
Hi Exsg...Congratulations on making your decision. I am sure the 802's will be amazing. I do want to elaborate on your comment that "SF's trademark sound leans towards being warmer. This may not go as well with pop and fast music"

This perception is a complete fallacy. I can vouch that there is nothing warm about the sound of Franco Serblin's designs, nor are these speakers incompatible with fast music, including Pop music. My Strads for example, are faster and more transparent than my previous YG Kipod 2's and Vivid K1's, both which were known for being very fast speakers. I think some confuse an utterly natural balance with a so-called warm and romantic sound. I have also listened extensively to the Guarneri Memento and the Franco Serblin Accordo, and my experience was the same, very natural sounding, but not warm or slow in a coloured fashion at all and compatible with a wide range of music. If you like bass that is emphasised in an unnatural way to create the impression of a fast exciting speaker, then I would say look elsewhere.