View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 03:33 AM

Default Comparing Wilson Audio to Focal to B&W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea music View Post
Hi Bruno2009, when I purchased my Sabrina's I listened to the B&W's in the same store and the Focals separately. I think that the $15,000 range is a sweet spot in all the high

end speaker manufactures lines. A lot of trickle down tech and competition at that price

point. It is to bad they are not closer in price like here in the states. I think you would like

Wilson's if they were apples to apples in price. The dealer told me that he had not had anyone buy anything other than the Sabrina in that price point. Good luck in your search

Hi - in the States the Sabrina seems to be, what the 802 is in Europe - absolut "best buy" product at under 20k.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, were the price even close, I would pay a lot more attention to Wilson Audio.

As value matters to most people though, this is an issue.

Should I actually consider (some) Wilsons to be far superior to B&W, I might try to buy in the states and have them imported myself... in that case I`ll need a reliable dealer in the US. Still finding out about the differences though... Sabrina and Sophia are very beautiful products, but do not make big enough a gain in quality over the 802Diamond to me, to justify such a step... it`ll probably have to be something along the lines of the Yvette - and then I`ll have to compare to the D3 Series...

Last edited by bruno2009; 01-03-2017 at 12:24 PM.