Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Apexorca, Glad to hear the Krells are coming along. It's not surprising about the Gryphon being more nuanced than the Krells. But your Krell's retain special qualities that can't be beat by modern day amps. In my experience they have a "presence quality" that my Macs don't have, a special "live performance" quality that is unrivaled in my experience. I'm sure you have heard it and know what I mean. And your right: the louder you play the more prominent this quality becomes. These mono amps you have are special. Hang on to them. Don't ever sell them.

In regards to power, I have paid special attention to it. As you might have surmised from my above comment to NZ2421291 I use a Transguard TG60 whole house surge protector that protects the house from power surges including lightning. It has significant filtering of noise. And then I have a 400 amp fuse box (400 amp service) and a secondary fuse box providing the necessary circuits for my 4 dedicated 20 amp lines using number 10 wire. I agree that power conditioners and cords help but are no substitute for raw power. My system has zero audible hum and noise at 100% volume at all inputs with all equipment on except my tuner.

That's a serious installation . That will make all details be revealed in the music.