View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 06:48 PM

When system is powered down it is put in Standby mode including 7000 as I have easy access to Transfer Switch on rear of 7000. The 5000's go automatically into Standby (as evidenced by a click) when amps are turned off but not the 7000. In addition, although it looks tight there is plenty of room to access front to turn the 7000 off/on if needed by pivoting the front a little and then pivoting it back. The power conditioners do not generate any heat. When system is powered up 5000's make a click as they are "Engaged" by turning on the amps. I manually depress the Transfer Switch to Engage 7000 (first thing I do takes about 5 seconds) then begin to turn on sources. I'm very pleased that my planning and attention to detail paid off. It was very tough. I almost went with a 1000 for my cabinet because I didn't know if it (my plan to turn the 7000 sideways; I wanted easy access to Transfer Switch and rear) would work in real life. But I really really wanted the 7000 for my sources and it actually worked! Amazing. I'll report on my sound later on.

Last edited by Charles; 07-22-2018 at 09:48 AM.