Thread: Make or Break !
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
I would never have used a pair of Lamm on the Q7, wrong match, not enough headroom, the amp is slowing down the speakers.
The Q7 were the most amazing speaker I have ever heard when driven by the big Dartzeel amp: highest level of dynamism, extremely musical, lowest distortion. They sounded also amazing with the small constellation audio and with Vitus amp. I always found Magico speakers too fast and transparent for tubes. I would prefer using a pure class A like the Vitus or a very musical amp like the Dartzeel to get both the musicality of tubes and the speed and transparency of best transistors
I agree with your comments Jazzman which could equally be applied to Marten Coltranes btw. I've heard Magico's matched with both Vitus and Dartzeel amps and of those two, preferred Vitus which has an unusual synergy with the Q series. But I was also blown away with another set up which used a combination of Boulder amps, Vitus front end & Crystal cables. That combination produced dynamic, open, airy & natural sound with pleasing body and richness Here is a video of that setup -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVdNLprTu1w&feature=g-user-u]Boulder 1050 Mono amps 1010 Pre Vitus Audio SCD-025 and Magico S5 at Absolute Hi End - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 11-11-2012 at 07:13 AM.