View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfrg View Post
I own the Aries, no experience with the Aurender.

Streaming from Tidal only, I went from a Bluesound Node to a Aries and noticed improved SQ.

On the negative side, no iPhone App (although expected in 2014..), and the App you use can be a bit buggy.
Sometimes tracks won't play, sometimes it just skips, sometimes when you choose a song it plays the first second 5 times before playing the song ...

They do seem to spend a lot of time upgrading firmware, and some of them even comes with "improved sound quality", which is nice.

My biggest beef is that I use the USB connection to my C2500 and my preamp locks up all the time when changing album, but thats another story.

Well, now since I have had some more time with my Aries LE, I can safely say everything works fine without a glitch, except...

It seems that ever since Tidal released the Beatles albums, no matter what I play on Tidal (anything Beatles or non-Beatles), the Aries will randomly replay a track, either at the very end of the track or right in the middle of the track, or 15 seconds into the track. It just stops wherever, whenever and replays the track instantly.

Yet, streaming from my NAS, I can play anything and it works perfectly fine beginning to end, even DSD files. However, with that being said, when attempting to play DSD 5.6 Mhz, it only plays for 2 seconds at a time, hesitates for a second, then resumes playing for 2 seconds, and plays the entire track this way. The DSD 2.8 Mhz files stream just fine.

Keep in mind, the Parasound P5's DAC does not do DSD, so the Aries is converting the DSD files. Maybe the 5.6 Mhz files are maxing out the Aries memory?