View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfrg View Post
If you use Tidal, you don't get any of these problems I have when using Tidal?
(Problems are periodic).

- Selecting an album sometimes does not start, until I press it in the playlist it created.
- Pausing a song, then unpausing it causes it to play 10-20 seconds, then skipping to next song by itself.
- When selecting a song or an album the first track plays the first 1 second of the first song, then restarts about 3-7 times before playing the song normally.
A little late to this thread, but I was reading it because I'm getting in an Aries this Thursday.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I don't think those issues mentioned above are the Aries' fault. The reason I say that is because for the first two issues listed, my Oppo 105D does the same exact thing.

For me (I'm using the LUMIN app via Bubble Server), I press and hold the album I want and select it to load from the top, clearing out the existing playlist. Most of the time this works, other times, it loads only a few tracks and doesn't play. I repeat the process once or twice and then all the tracks load and start playing.

Pausing a song, then resuming does the same thing. It plays around 10-20 seconds of the track then suddenly skips to the next track, then plays the rest perfectly.

The last issue mentioned, I've never had that happen to me. From what is said, that would be highly annoying to say the least.

There's a couple reasons why I'm getting the Aries and giving the Oppo a rest...

One, I leave my system running 24/7, and apparently the Oppo doesn't like this. Almost daily it likes to lock up on me, hide itself from the network, or lose its way to the NAS that's running both MinimServer and Bubble Server, both of which are needed for me to control it with the LUMIN app. I have to reboot it which doesn't always resolve the issue. I have to sometimes kill power to it and let it sit for a minute, then plug it back in.

Two, I hate the fact that the Oppo doesn't stream FLAC gapless. I can't stand trying to listen to and enjoy classical music or Pink Floyd or anything that has gapless tracks, and then having a useless 4-5 second pause interrupt the music. The Marantz NA6005 that I used for a short while cost half as much as the Oppo and it streamed everything gapless without an issue. Why Oppo can't do the same thing is beyond me.