View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 01:47 AM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelahanty View Post
I am not surprised by your comment, congestion in the mids and highs. The temptation to over adjust a subwoofer is an easy trap to fall into. I have O'3s and Sumiko sub (same as REL), the crossover point is set barely above 30hz and volume is set where you don't hear the sub but simply feel the impact at very low frequencies. Try these settings and you should get teriffic bass and added air and space in the mids and highs.
I have fiddled with them a bunch. Perhaps they were crossed over too high. However I am also enjoying the lack of clutter without the two big black subs. So I think I’ll stay on course for the new Amati... I always wanted violin red as well. So I think they will do a lot of things for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D25E1BD0-369E-488E-8234-100AF1B3BE41.jpeg (512.4 KB, 168 views)
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.