View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 04:29 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
There are no more subjective terms in our beautiful language than "better," "best" or any of their derivatives, Martin. As you may recall, I mentioned that the B&W 800 D3s we listened to sounded...yep, another one of those derivatives: "great."

I've got zero complaints about the D3s, but our old ears are accustomed to our old N800-series B&Ws, which we still love and enjoy. I'm not sure if they're the "best" we've ever heard, but I'll leave that to the younger folks to argue about.

Thanks for the post.

Bill, I'll have to concur with the other posters here.
I've heard the D series extensively, then also the D2 series, and later the 805 D3, 804 D3, 803 D3, 802 D3, 800 D3. Dozens of hours in total.
Each generation betters the older one, the D3 does this by quite a margin.
Looking forward to the D4 series, and who knows, D3s might appear on the used market for bargain prices...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables