View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Hi Georges!

To run Roon in "lossless" or bit-perfect mode, you need a Roon endpoint.

The simplest and easiest solution for your Mac Mini for Roon endpoint is to buy a Sonore microRendu for $650 and iFi power supply. Very easy setup and the sound quality is outstanding. I think Simple Green Computer will be having a Black Friday special so you may be able to get the microRendu for some amount off the standard price. The microRendu has gotten outstanding reviews and is regarded by two computer audiophile sites as sounding better than other solutions e.g. the Auralic Aries, etc.

I run my Roon core on my Mac Mini and then stream via Wife to an Apple Airport Express that sits on my audio rack.The Airport Express is then connected to the Sonore via an Ethernet cable. My Mac Mini is conencted to my Wifi router by Ethernet, also, and it is in a different room than the audo system to keep the hashy, grungy noise from the computer from getting into the audio system.

Here's mine as set up. You can see the brown ethernet Audioquest cable coming down from the Airport Express on the top shelf to the back of the mRendu. At the time I was running my Schiit Modi 2 Uber as my Gungnir was ast the Schiit-shop being transformed into a Gumby. I am using the Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply (I'm also not using the AQ Jitterbug between the Rendu and DAC as it is superfluous).

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-22-2017 at 03:18 PM.