View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:15 PM

Default CA Innovation or Master or MT10 or AMG V12?

In the process of selecting a new TT and arm with a $30k+ budget (TT, Arm, Cables, ect.). What I have looked at so far:

McIntosh MT10: I am a McIntosh fan but the arm is not upgradable and CA makes it based on a lower model design. I like the floating platter and the electronic speed control. But I think its a pass.

AMG V12: the TAS review was a big plus but was undeceive on the bass performance and referenced the lack there of as a result of the cartridge used for the review. Then I noticed the founder passed away making me think this could be a one hit wonder and no upgrade path in the future. Has anyone heard this table and experienced the bass performance? Also, does the 12" arm require adjustments overtime?

ClearAudio Innovation Wood: I was heading toward this until I have read and heard from dealers this TT lacks in the Bass. Yes, it has the electronic speed control, floating platter, arm(s) are changeable, but if it truly lacks in the bass that could be a no go for me. Can someone comment on this TT and its performance on the Bass and compared to the other TT out there?

ClearAudio Master Innovation: Does this TT from CA also suffer in Bass performance and if not why? Is there value, $15k, in this design vs. the Innovation wood?

Other TT and arm recommendations are greatly welcome. I currently use vintage Tube Pre-amp/amps with ATC 150 speakers. For the TT cartridge I prefer to stick with the Benz Ebony TR with a custom Bob's SUT. I expect the TT cables will be transparent audio from the arm to the SUT to the Pre-amp.

Thanks for the responses.