View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
Hey Gang,

I've been away quite a while putting my life back together after divorce. So, I'm no longer in Westchester, NY; I'm in Hawaii. And thankfully, I'm in a far better place now. The system will be shipped here to my newly purchased home within the next several months. I CAN'T WAIT!!

But...

Before the divorce, I was toying with the notion of swapping out all my Transparent Cables for Shunyata. As an engineer by trade, I was enamored with Shunyata's R&D that was always available for public consumption, versus "proprietary" processes always kept secret by other high end cable manufacturers.

Has anyone ever moved from Transparent Audio Reference to Shunyata? If so, I'd love to hear all about it.

This is my current system make-up:

Lamm Industries L2
Meitner MA-1 DAC
Aurender A10 Music Server
Lamm M1.2 Reference Mono Amps
Wilson Audio Sasha W/P
Silent Running Audio Scuttle 3
Silent Running Audio VR Series IsoBases
Transparent Audio PowerIsolator MM
Transparent Audio PowerIsolator 8
Transparent Audio Reference XLMM2 RCA IC
Transparent Audio Reference Balanced ICs
Transparent Audio Reference XLMM2 Spkr Cable
Transparent Audio PowerLink Premium Power Cords

Thanks in advance...
Great hardware TheSaint519! Like ariess, I've used a combination of TA for signal cables and Shunyata for all the power cables and power distributors. About a year ago, I upgraded my very old TA Reference cables for Gen 5 and found it to be a big improvement. BTW, TA just announced a Gen 6 line. FYI, I also have Wilson Sashas and ARC amps (3SE, 6SE and 250SE). I have not tried the Shunyata interconnects or speaker cables as I've always like the sound of Wilsons and Transparent. IMO, Shunyata's strength is in their power products; Transparent's is in their signal cables.