View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macuser View Post
I love the blue meters on my old McIntosh MC-1201s with LED lighting upgrade. But now I have some serious concerns:

I'm thinking about going to led's on my 1201's pretty soon. I'm wondering how much of a chore is it to do the upgrade? Also do you have a pic of the new lights?
I'll try to take a better picture than the one that is my avatar and will try to post but don't feel confident in doing that. My impression of the LED lighting upgrades that I purchased from the company in Binghamton, is that, although they are quite a bit more reliable than the incandescent 16 v bulbs and the reason I purchased the upgrades in the first place, they exhibit intensity "hot spots" where the LEDs are located. The hot spots are noticeable but not too distracting.

It took me about an hour each to R&R the old lighting circuit boards and I did not need to enlist the help of an additional person to move and flip the amps over. If you are comfortable working on electronic equipment it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Take pictures as you go to make reassembly easier.