View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
I listened through my headphones but your points are valid enough. I'm sure you're right so you must forgive me for criticizing your system. As for the amplification I'm not sure which way to go... upgrading to BAT VK-655SE, going for Vitus SS-010 (25W in class A), going for the Luxman or for something completely different.
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR 72v DBS, AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V, AudioQuest Hurricane High Current 72V DBS, AudioQuest NRG-10 72V DBS, AudioQuest Diamond USB 216V DBS, UpTone ISO Regen w USPCB A>B Adapter
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3
I didn't take it as criticism. My system is work in progress in the sense that the room is still not treated. Having said that, I am in no rush since it sounds great already and everything on top of that is icing on the cake.

You already have great components, spending $$$ will yield only marginal if any improvement. I've certainly enjoyed my BAT setup with Dynadio back in the day so I am familiar with BAT sound. Sometimes it's wise to just not do anything but enjoy what you already have. Probably most of the times but you know how this crazy hobby goes.