View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
Serge, you've got some really nice gear there! I'm also interested in the Luxman 590AXII... in order to simplify my system.
I hope you'll forgive me for the observations but the sound is a bit hollow and seems to lack a little body. Of course I don't know if it's the empty room, the speakers, the DAC, the cables or something else... Otherwise it seems resolute, fast, tonally rich and with a nice soundstage - as much as the video quality and the bit rate allows of course...
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR 72v DBS, AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V, AudioQuest Hurricane High Current 72V DBS, AudioQuest NRG-10 72V DBS, AudioQuest Diamond USB 216V DBS, UpTone ISO Regen w USPCB A>B Adapter
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3
A few things going on, first it’s an iPhone recording to YouTube compression and then of course it will only sound as your playback chain on your end. Computer speakers? When I listen to my own video in quality headphones it gets closer to real life sound but of course it is still not it. The DAC used at the time of those videos was a $300 DAC module by the way. Does an $8k SACD/DAC from Luxman make a difference later? Yeah, it did. YouTube is not the best way to gauge the absolute sound quality obviously, but it gives one an idea none the less. I doubt very much you’d be disappointed with a Luxman integrated or separates. Pull the trigger and don’t look back.

Last edited by PHC1; 05-05-2018 at 09:59 AM.