Thread: Soulution Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:58 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarin View Post
Greetings Odyssey,

Only heard the Q7s/Soulution 701&725/Berkeley ref DAC combo with the sub at the Mirage and for only a handful of songs. But as you would expect given the similar configuration, I heard a very familiar sound to my Q7s/Soulution 711&725/Berkeley ref DAC system. The exception being that the 701's extra power provides a more relaxed presentation when the system is pushed, and the Magico Sub provides a seamlessly coherent foundation that can not be easily matched by a floor stander.

I also really liked the Vovox IC/speaker cables that were being used in the Magico room. Hoping to get a demo set to try out soon.

The next step for me is to finalize my IC/speaker cables and possibly moving up to the 701 monos. So I'd be very interested in hearing what you think of the 701s vis-a-vis the 711.

Glad to see a fellow Texan with Soulution amps. My daughter just moved to Austin and would
love to hear you Raidhos next time I'm in town. Best wishes,
Hello Cmarin,

I have two residences and the Soulution/Raidho setup is in my summer or Chicago residence. My wife and I have two 20-something adult kids living and working in Austin so we bought a place here and I will be moving the Soulution 530 to Austin. It is a much smaller listening room.

In early Feb. I will have the 725 and 711 installed in our Chicago residence. At that time my dealer will put the 701's on the floor too and we'll have a little shoot out to see about taking that step. It is my understanding (and I could be wrong) that the 701's are bridged mono amps. I'm thinking that the 701's are made up of two 711's? I could be way off on this but that is my uneducated guess. I've only returned to the hobby after a very prolonged absence in the last year. When I re-engaged last year I asked my dealer what was the best and he mentioned Soulution and Raidho among other names.

I'll be happy to give you my thoughts early next month how each of the 7 series amps drive the Raidho D5's.

Oh and I did speak with Cryill in Vegas about the Vovox cables. Apparently they were developed or influenced with the Soulution gear. I got to speak with Jorge the president of Vovox. I'm pretty far down the Ansuz trail now to match up with the Raidho. Cryill is an admirer of Vovox. He is also a big believer in the Critical Mass racks.

Lastly I'm having Torus power units installed in both locations.

I'm hoping that if I go near the top of the mountain that that will be it and I won't become a box swapper. But I can see how this hobby can be addicting.