View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 03:02 AM
Keeping it real since '75

Default My $0.02

My main listening position is about 2/3 of the room away from the speakers (I am away from the back wall) but I am rather close to a side wall. One speaker is near a corner while the other is again about 2/3 width of the room away.

The Futura's played like a much larger speaker and had a real dynamic presence to them. The bass was very controlled and the detail of the mids and highs were outstanding! The mid range and tweeter are isolated within the enclosure; the midrange is custom made by ScanSpeak (uses a cone formed from cellulose fiber mounted in its own subenclosure); both the tweeter and the midrange units are mounted on a decoupled sub-baffle as well. There is also a metal spine down the back which keeps the speaker under tension thus keeping the cabinet rigid. They are forgiving with placement and not analytical, although they still need to be set up and tweaked like anything else. In the end, everything just sounds good on them and most importantly, they handle large rooms!

You definitely have a difficult decision on yours hands! Hopefully I didn't add any undue stress to the situation. In the end, you need to do what sounds best to you within realistic financial constraints. I hope you get the chance to audition them both in your room. For the kind of money you are looking at spending, its the least they could do.

Hope this helps, and good luck!