View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywalker View Post
@2Fastdriving, thx for the link to thread 38298, but it talks about a windows based pc with the Esoteric... I have mac mini with OSX Mountian Lion and Audirvana music program. It works with HS_1 setting on K-01 but not with the asynchronous HS_2... which I want to use, because of the great Esoteric clock built in the K-01...
I did install the driver for the K-01 and mac OSX versions 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 from the esoteric jp website first, then hooked up the Esoteric set to usb hs_2 mode... I am suspecting the dowloaded driver is at fault... I tried the Esoteric HR player as well, and same problem with distorted sound... Do you have the original driver for mac that came on an install cd? or would changing to Mac OSX mavericks help? ��
I used the exact same setup (but K03), and only ran into problems when I upgraged past Mavericks. from everything you are saying it "should" work. I downloaded that same driver and it worked for me at the time. That was also a different version of Audirvana at the time. Wish I could help more, but this is one of the big reasons Esoteric came out with the K-01X, it has an asynchronous USB board. Another thing you could do is get the USB upgrade through TAP. But If you are doing all that for an older unit, you may as well get a new K-01XS.

PS: Seriously this is one of the reasons I got rid of my K03!