View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
Hello folks,

I noticed that, while saying that Shindo gear makes you forget the gear, you're almost all into upgrades all the time, like the other audiophiles here. So, you're still looking for "better sound". What is missing then ?

I understand tnat Matt's full trade in value help a lot for that ( how does this guy earn money ? ), but still, I find a bit controversial the permanent upgrade / change path for people who say that they found at last the Music they love and can finally forget the gear.....

Don't want to be polemic at all. Just curious to have your feelings about that.
Jerome,

To bring this thread full circle, i.e. back to it's original question, I will chime in by saying Shindo doesn't make you forget the gear. Maybe it makes you forget wanting OTHER gear--but hearing the Masseto will definitely make you curious about what a Giscours could do being two bumps up the Shindo ladder. In fact, whenever I have experienced a Shindo upgrade, it triggers that obsessive audiophile gene (that you're intimating Shindo represses) that screams, "I want more!" And darn it, there is more, unless you have the Big Latours, the Petrus, the WE 300B Ltd, etc. in your listening room.

I saw a cartoon recently showing two down and out bums, one saying to the other, "What ruined me was hearing a difference between audio components." Or something to that effect.

There is no cure for audiophile blues.