View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:13 AM

Visited one of my dealers (here in the UK) with a trio of Shunyata ethernet cables on Friday last week.

First of all we tried the Venom Ethernet from switch to streamer (Auralic G1) which was feeding a Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista 800, and further downstream a pair of KEF Blades.

Previously a fairly decent spec Cat 7 ethernet cable was being used.

Despite being brand new the Venom immediately impressed: more detail, more fluidity... it was literally night and day! The additional detail really struck me and was perhaps unexpected. Many in the room were surprised.

I have to confess that I have been so focussed on the Alpha and Sigma cables that I may have completely overlooked this little beauty!

Yes the Alpha and Sigmas are better but the Venom is just superb for the price, surely a no brainer in many setups. And what we also found is that it provides perfect support to a Sigma, so in the above scenario between switch and wall outlet and between server and wall outlet. The cable from switch to streamer is the most important but the others have a noticeable effect too.

Don't overlook the Venom!

Cheers,

Guillaume