View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
Thanks again for your comments. I'll take them under advisement. For the record, I never said the Ref DAC didn't have high sound quality. If it didn't sound terrific, I wouldn't be considering it for the digital source of my system. I agree that there would be some redundancy if I hooked the Ref DAC up to my Ref 10 preamp. However, the Ref CD-9 has the same 6 tube configuration as the Ref DAC (less volume control) and it is the most organic and analog sounding digital source I've ever heard. I will also have to give the ARC DAC 9 a listen because it eliminates some of the tube redundancy you spoke of (two dual triodes). The question is will it sound as analog-like as the Ref DAC and Ref CD-9.

Best,
Ken
I use this system as a reference. It is at my local dealer. It has the Ref CD-9 (on the floor out of range) normally sitting next to the Dr Feikert TT and your Ref 10 preamp which I am thinking of trying in my system at home! In my opinion the two of them are symbiotic for a reason. I'm curious as to what you eventually decide on using?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sunny's main system.jpg (164.7 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by Sharp 1080; 12-18-2016 at 01:25 PM.