View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Serge.......There was a time when my vinyl collection exceeded 1500 albums. When I was selling off all that vinyl I never thought there would come a day I wanted it all back. Hindsight always seems to be crystal clear.

I can already tell from what I am experiencing with the Michell Gyro SE/SME 309/Ortofon Cadenza Black through the C2300 moving coil phono stage, I will be buying lots more vinyl. The MC stage in the C2300 is fairly clean, but I feel certain I can improve on it.
Yes, it is not bad. That's the other point here, to make a significant improvement, a significant investment must take place, otherwise your return on investment may not be a big step up and a waste of money being more of a lateral move...

Yours is not the only story of a record collection sold, given or even thrown away. No use crying over spilled milk, even buying 5-10 albums a month that you really enjoy listening to will add up to a nice, manageable, enjoyable collection in a few years time. Having a huge record collection may be great but most the guys I know with larger collections don't listen to 80-90% of the records often if at all. At that point, what's the point? My own collection is growing every month but it is still very manageable and I do listen to most of my records quite often because I enjoy them all.

Last edited by PHC1; 09-23-2011 at 12:51 AM.