View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 03:00 PM

Default Thought I'd finally say a proper hello from the SF Bay Area

So I have been lurking on here for months reading up on various pieces of audio gear among many other resources before coming up with the system that I eventually wound up with .. it was an evolution and the budget was on more than one occasion exceeded, with a rationalization that I'm sure many of you have experienced in your past decision making regarding this addicting "hobby"..

Suffice it to say, the capstone was ironically a great Accuphase SACD player sourced thru none other than our very own Ivan (as he is a certified dealer for them).. and presto! I was all set as of a week ago... system stabilized and enjoying the listening experience of my life..

Due to realities of living in a condo, in the SF Bay Area (the heart of silicon valley to be more specific), my listening room also doubles as a spare bedroom and as such is SMALL... but the choice of speaker (McIntosh XR50) has proven to be the smartest single decision I made in building this system which is supposed to last me a life time... eventually of course, I can replace the speakers (if I move into a bigger place, and away from the SF Bay Area)... But for now, these speakers fill up this surprisingly acoustically stable room quite nicely

A video of my system is up on YouTube and if you click on the bottom of my signature block you can watch all 7 or so minutes of it..

I hope to share and learn a lot over the years from you all.. so far it's been more of a one way street, as I've been asking most of the questions. I also joined the SF Bay Area Audiophile Society, and hope to be participating with them more after some of this covid/lockdown phase ends and they resume their normal schedule of activities.

Sam