View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Forte 4A.......Kind of anticlimactic that you guys have talked about Michael Kelly being at AV Therapy for a week before his actual visit, and now several day beyond that not a single word about his presentation or photos of his appearance at the event. .
Dan,
I was there for about an hour. I'm not sure his presentation could be interpreted as a formal technical discussion. It was more of a product demo of the 5T, which sounded quite nice BTW. He did get into several aspects of the design for the 5T in particular, and some of their other products as well. I found it interesting that the cabinets are done off shore and that he couldn't find anyplace in the US to do them at a competitive cost. He also mentioned there was no way they could do them in house given the machining investments that would be required, as well as OSHA headaches he'd have given the various glue compounds and other materials that are used in building up the cabinet laminating materials.

Also got to listen a bit to the KEF LS50. Really wanted to hear the Blade 2 but there was an issue getting that system up and running due to some kind of turntable or phono preamp configuration. I had listened to the Reference One at AVT previously and was also impressed by that model.

Overall it was a nice time, they had a big turnout. As clpeterson mentioned though, it would have been nice if name tags were used. I still don't know who my local AA brethren are!