View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
Why did you changed the original SSD os drive for another ? I can understand you changed the data HDD for the SSD but ... SSD for another SSD ?

Why did you put more RAM ? Do the autonomics guys recommend it ? I mean I know the RAM is cheap as chips, but on the other hand - why to put more if it is not gonna be used ?
Elberoth, I improved performance with the RAM upgrade. The OS is able to write more data to the RAM as well as create more virtual memory/caching space on the the drive.

Performance now: No lag. Instantaneous. No bumps or stutters. It rocks!

Also, the Samsung Pro is a superior performing drive than the Kingston - the Kingston has disappointing specifications in my opinion. This is a no brainer. Were possible, I minimized bottleneck performance. I literally transformed the unit into something really awesome. I now love the MB100!

McIntosh used fairly cheap parts and it makes fiscal sense that they did. I improved the quality on my own dime. My next search, faster CL RAM. While not necessary... I want to experience a difference, if any. Why not try... I like risks and I do not care if I void my warranty. I'll just buy another.

All in all, the changes I made as said above, transformed the unit and for me at least, worthwhile. I no longer have a complaint about the MB100... well. The APP needs some work... but that is an entirely different post.

Last edited by Golucid; 04-07-2015 at 09:21 PM.