View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 06:08 AM
Semi-audiophile

I'm thinking of attending myself, but need to work out logistics. The first day of the show is when I've attended in the past, but I have a ophthalmology appointment at 9am on 11/8 and will almost surely get dilated, meaning I won't be able to see well for a while (and if the day is sunny it will be tough). Unlike years past I have two targeted rooms and they are Value Electronics and Golden Ear; the VE room will surely have a Sony OLED on display, and being dilated isn't good for evaluating the set. I'm friendly with the owner, and am considering moving on from my Pioneer Kuro (which still looks great, by the way) to a larger screen. I've seen the Sony in Best Buy so a second evaluation may not be an absolute necessity, but a hotel room will give a different perspective than a large showroom will, I'm thinking. I'm curious about the Golden Ear Triton One.R as well, though they've gone up in price and I don't prefer powered speakers in general.

Saturday is probably the most crowded day and I'd like to avoid that, but maybe if I go early that would help. Not sure how much I will engage the rest of the exhibits.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks