View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post

Can anyone argue with facts that there is not a benefit of these components, in a polite manner of course, I have kids [emoji4].
Not going to "argue" but will point out a simple fact that most high end audio manufacturers go to great lengths to build components with robust power supplies that are very well "voltage regulated", "filtered" and between the step down transformers, rectifiers and voltage regulators, you can expect a steady and filtered voltage of the desired level to feed the rest of the circuitry. Does that mean these devices have no use and are snake oil? From previous experience and I have tried quite a few over the years, they can and do change the sound somewhat. That term "somewhat" is left up to the interpretation of the end user.

Best approach is a "home audition" to determine if power conditioning, filtering or regeneration will benefit your particular case. With a return policy in place that is. Many manufacturers are starting to embrace that type of an approach and I would consider that fair, logical and honest.