View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4N6 View Post
I was worried that I was on Crack or simply going insane. Comparing a Chinese made, relatively inexpensive tube integrated to a stalwart of American audiophile goodness? And have the integrated come out ahead?!? What's wrong with me?!?!?

So, I had to do it again. I brought the PrimaLuna HP integrated back home and redid the comparison. We'll put it this way...my wife, from across the room and cooking dinner spoke out while I was listening to say that my stereo had never sounded better.

Round two of the comparison basically confirmed round one. Better detail, soundstage width and depth, and MUCH better imaging when using the PrimaLuna. This just shouldn't be due to cost differences and audiophile pedigree, but "it is what it is".

Well, now I am smitten and will be looking HARD at the PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium preamp and HP monoblock amps. The McIntosh equipment, despite its beauty, reputation and quality, may be going away...

I sold my McIntosh C2300 and MC302 for my PL Dialogue Premium Preamp and PL Dialogue Premium HP Amplifier, the system consist of the aforementioned PL components plus PS Audio Directstream DAC, OPPO 203 Blu-ray, Custom stand alone full Solid State Mini Computer running ROON, Full MIT cabling and Isotek Aquarius conditioner running Klipsch Cornwall III Special Edition Indian Rosewood. After years of searching I have found my sound, the system is so smooth with life like dynamics that it can be startling. Once I have enough post I will be able to upload pics.