View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 11:25 PM
Industry Affiliation - Ayre CEO

Absolutely agree. While the AyreLink ports can be pushed up with enough force, even with the pins that keep them from being pushed in parallel to the PCB, the force we're talking about is pretty significant. I can't say where the problem occurred, whether it was assembly, packaging here and moving the unit, packaging the unit again to ship out, etc., but the end result was the unit wasn't right. We have multiple people sign off on the unit inspections every step of the way so that at least 3 people look at the unit thoroughly before shipping, but we still remain human and sometimes things get through that shouldn't have. While the move is not an excuse, it did add some chaos, but I have nonetheless spoken with the team on this matter in what resulted in a 2 hour meeting today.

Hopefully you received my email, Firewire, but if you have not, please let me know. Ultimately, we want to make this right for you and I will happily replace the unit again while you keep the one you have until it arrives. The last thing we want is for you to be without a unit again while waiting for another one to be built, tested, and shipped to you. I'm hopeful that this will work for you and I'll be inspecting the unit myself before it is boxed and shipped to ensure that what you receive is correct.