View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:05 PM

I bought a pair of Aerial 20T V2's in 2009 to replace my Aerial LR5's. I was using a BAT VK600 SE at the time along with a Denon AVP-A1. I always wanted to get a dedicated 2 channel BAT pre-amp (VK 52SE) but never got around to it. I ended up selling everything I had (Except my Aerial Speakers) do to the poor economy and the wife loosing her job.

In 2011 I purcahsed a Mcintosh C50 and a MC452 and got the 20T's back up and running. This was the first time I had the 20T's running with a 2 channel pre and it was amazing. Unfortunately a year after buying the Mcintosh gear I sold it off to pay for my son's first year of College. I haven't had the speakers up and running since early 2012. My son has one more year of college to go and I was hoping to get the 20T's back up and running but the wife wants to downsize to a smaller home so I might be putting them up on the used market soon.

As far as the sound goes I think the Aerial's are one of the most underated speakers on the market. I haven't heard everything out there but I did compare them to Wilson's (great speaker as well) B&W, KEF, Revel and a few others. The only issue that I can see with the speaker is the narrow listening window. If your in the sweet spot though these are amazing at soundstaging and the bass is just awesome. I grew up in the 80's so I listen to alot of 70's and 80's rock and for me these speakers where the answer.