View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 07:01 AM
Semi-audiophile

Things are changing, and my ARC LS3/Aragon 47k combo may be in jeopardy.

My main concern is exploring a new equipment rack to replace my Hooker console still, but I've read JC 2 reviews from Stereophile and Positive Feedback Online recently and am actually considering a preamp change, when I thought I was set for a while longer. I came away impressed enough with the JC 2 that I'm leaning toward actually getting it, and possibly the JC 3 too .

I know the C48/501 combo is obvious, and that the ARC/McIntosh combo is synergistic as well. I don't know that about Parasound/McIntosh, but I see no reason to think it would be a disaster. I'm planning to replace the Hooker with my Sanus EFAV temporarily (both attached below), to gauge whether I'm comfortable with the look. That setup wouldn't accommodate a JC 2/3 combo easily if at all, even paired with the existing Sanus EFABs on either side, and would mean I stand pat or replace the LS3/47k with a C48 (with the Parasounds, something else would have to go due to insufficient shelves; my current combo stacks easily and the C48 has phono built-in). Also, the Parasounds look nothing like the rest of my equipment and I consider that, too; they'll probably stick out like a sore thumb. And I confess, reading the C50 firmware thread has taken some of my enthusiasm for the C48. Perhaps there's balance there.

This latest complication may pass given enough time. If not, I'll have something else to report in the next few months. Meantime, I've downloaded the JC 3 manual, which joins the JC 2 and C48 manuals. I've been through those last two already but will have to re-read now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0002.jpg (82.2 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0062.jpg (40.8 KB, 139 views)