View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:42 PM

Hi all
Firstly sorry to hijack this thread and please do tell me if I should put elsewhere but don't' think I can as I don't have enough posts yet to start my own thread!
My zingali's have now shown up and are temporarily setup in the garage while I try them out/configure until I am happy with them and they can make the leap inside. The seller had told me they were completely passive and I just had to connect up to an amp and go as it were. This is what I did and they sounded incredibly harsh and bright with virtually no bass at all. Anyway after taking a woofer out for some investigation it transpires they have all the same drive units as the jbl4355 bar the mid which is a 10". The woofers as with a jbl 4355 are designed to be used actively and luckily I have a temp setup where I am able to try this out. So far I have a low pass of 230hz to the woofers and running them out of phase seems to give the best sound but it's not perfect. Do any of you have any recommendations on a low pass point for the woofers and what phase they should be? As I have a different mid from the jbl 4355 I can't go exactly by the settings of that one.
Thanks
Nick