View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 05:58 PM
Merry Christmas to all

The McIntosh Control Cables arrived today, as did my two HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses for the MC75 mono tube amplifiers. I really like the upgraded appearance the new control cables provide. They look so much more elegant than the cheap black plastic cables I was using. The gold connectors with the McIntosh logo silk screened on them are well made, feel substantial when plugging them in, and the cable is smooth and pliable. I'm pleased with the end results.

It took very little time to swap the two stock 2.5 amp time delay fuses for the HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses. Upon initial installation I had the logo arrow pointing into the amps. I did this on purpose because my other components ended up with the logo arrow installed facing the rear of the amps and preamps, arriving at that after experimenting with the direction of the fuses in the fuse holders that provided the cleanest presentation. I spent an hour listening to the HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses before turning the amps off and rotating the fuses so that the logo arrow now points to the rear of the amplifiers. Upon energizing the amplifiers and allowing a 10 minute warm up I played the same set of music as before, Lee Ritenour, Paul McCartney, Rene Marie, Ottmar Liebet, Paul Simon, Norah Jones, and Steely Dan. Immediately I discovered a new found clarity, a seemingly more chiseled nature to initial dynamic attacks, especially drums, piano, and horns. It was like getting your eye prescription renewed and suddenly realizing how fresh and sharply focused everything instantly became with new glasses. The HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses in the MC75 amps has again raised the performance bar where no gains seemed possible.

That about does it for tweaks to my new MC75 tube amps. I don't know what else I could do that would make a discernible improvement beyond how the living room system presently sounds. There is so much life, air, energy, dimension, depth, and timbre pouring out of my speakers it takes my breathe away. I already have four hours sitting in the sweet spot on the couch with no intention of stopping the music. This change of amplifiers in the living room sound system has been a roaring success.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A