View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarSanz View Post
I finally got the chance to set up my 10 Acoustimac DMD panels early last week. I started by measuring the ambient noise level in the room out of curiosity. It measured at 30 dB, I installed the panels and this dropped down to 20 dB, interesting I thought. I didn't realize that 20 dB was basically silent.

I have to strongly agree with Soundmig that I should have done this a long time ago! SMH!! Acoustic panels made a significant difference in my listening room. First off, they tamed a few issues I was having, echo and a bright lively room which made music seem edgy at times, these issues are now gone. What I didn't realize until I added the panels was how much the reflections were affecting my room.

The benefits of adding these panels were a more spacious sound stage, pinpoint imaging, superb clarity, instruments just pop out of nowhere and all the inner details are now unmasked. It's like listening in 3D, I can't wait to see what the GIK Impression Series panels bring to the table later this week.

I can emphatically say this was a very wise investment with immediate positive results, highly recommended.

Thanks to all who chimed in to assist with how to properly set these up and answering all of my questions.

I believe that investing the bulk of your money in the speakers and in your room will give you the best bang for your buck. You are obviously doing a very thoughtful process and placing panels judiciously. But if after you are done with your room treatments you feel like experimenting a bit more, you might try DSP (room correction) and see if it does any further improvement for you.