View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
JWH, a shootout in my main system isn't in the cards. I'd have to move too much stuff and I didn't setup the system. When I bought the 601s, C1100, D1100 and MCT450 my dealer had his guys hook everything up. I've since added an Aurender and Oppo 205. So I have lots of stuff hooked up to the D1100.

The EVO 100 is the first DAC I've bought without listening to it in my house first. After 2 weeks with it I can say it is great sounding DAC that is a match made in heaven with the MC275 and C2200.

The D1100 is a fantastic DAC. My Direct TV channels sound great. My SACD and Redbook CDs have never sounded so good. Aurender streamer is amazing. The D1100 now sells for 7500.00. The EVO 2999.00. For the money the EVO is in the same class as the D1100

I agree with what Robert Levi said in Positive Feedback

The PrimaLuna EVO 100 Tube DAC, a blockbuster component and musical triumph, leapfrogs dozens of DACs to virtually achieve state-of-the-art definition at a more than reasonable cost. Built as an heirloom product, this tubed beauty will bring you a lifetime of enjoyment from all the digital sources I can imagine.

It will be the last DAC for my game room system. I've temporarily moved my bedroom Lumin U1 mini streamer to the game room and I just don't see digital music getting much better.
JBT, I understand. Glad you're enjoying the new PL.