View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 08:55 PM

Default Curious Evolved USB

Might be old news already but I just noticed that an upgraded version of the famous Curious USB has been released recently. The Curious Evolved USB.

I had the Curious USB for a few months and really liked what this cable was doing between my Bryston BDP-2 and BDA-3. I upgraded to a JCAT Signature USB and while it sounds more natural and the sound stage just exploded, the bass weight and bass definition was not as good as with the original Curious USB. Now with the Evolved version, according to the very early reviews, it seems that this version will bring the qualities I like about the JCAT while maintaining that bass weight and definition I liked about the Curious. Price is competitive in this market at 550$ for a 0.8M lenght, worldwide shipping included. Looks like a winner to me. I was planning to switch to Shunyata Alpha USB but I seriously consider the Evolved now. Another strong point with the JCAT is the fact that it is supremly quiet. The noise floor reached another low in my system. I just wonder if the Evolved would be as quiet.

curiouscables.com/products

Last edited by jdandy; 09-29-2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: active link to audio retailer against the forum rules