View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 12:20 AM

I just traded in my Rega RP40 with Groovetracer reference subplatter (I kept the Dynavector 20X2l moving coil cart) for the following re-built LP12: Afromosia plinth (circa 1983/84), Ittok LVII, completely re-built Valhalla power supply, new motor, new Cirkus upgrade, new Majik sub-chasis, and Trampoline 1. I got it home on Monday, and all I can say is "Wow"! It really puts a smile on my face. And it looks gorgeous. I'm fortunate to have a reliable Linn dealer with a skilled turntable expert who can refurbish and assemble Linn turntables. I was going to get the Kore but changed my mind when I learned that it would have required drilling a hole in the arm board to accommodate the Ittok. The Majik sub-chasis works well and I can always upgrade later if need be.
McIntosh MC 2102 (Gold Lion), McIntosh C2300 (Gold Lion), McIntosh MR 78, Linn Majik DS, Linn LP 12 (Afromosia Plinth, Karousel, Kore Sub-Chasis, Trampoline Two, Lingo 3, Akito 3b, T-Kable, Ortofon LV 250 Black), Dynaudio Special 40 Speakers, Woo Audio WA6-SE Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD-2 Headphones, Shunyata Hydra AV

Last edited by Elvis160; 09-02-2016 at 02:21 AM. Reason: typo