View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Bodhisattva

Default Accuphase DP-720

Some exciting news folks! Accuphase have dropped the long awaited replacement for the DP-700, named the DP-720. My first impression is, damn that is a pretty looking thing! The DP-720 benefits from filter down technology from the flagship DP-900/DC-901 products. The main differences appear to be a more rigid and refined transport mechanism which is better damped and includes a "chucking magnet" to keep the disc stable & more refined MDSD D/A converter.

Accuphase also appear to have been listening and added support for DSD discs with DSD file format, full 24/192 sampling in PCM, a USB input, numeric display of sampling frequency and cool features like a phase selector switch (similar to my old Ayon CD-5s) & DSP connections to allow sound field correction via the DG-58.

On the specs side, the DP-720 has slightly better signal/noise at 119db and a slightly lower THD figure of 0.0006%. Dynamic range and channel separation have correspondingly improved. Another interesting spec is the DP-720 is 1kg heavier which I suspect is mostly due to the more robust transport mechanism.

Bodhi

Last edited by Masterlu; 05-01-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: updated photos