View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crytklmass View Post
The biggest surprise to me at least is Classe depreciation... I seen an SSP600 selling for approx. $1200.00. I was informed by the sales person an SSP800 selling for $8000.00 is the exact same guts as an SSP600 with added room correction. hmmmm. At least my Mac's hold their value. I almost bought an SSP600 for $8,000.00 last year. I'm so glad I decided on McIntosh instead. At least my MX-136 is still selling for around $3500.00. Makes you wonder if the Classe amps hold their value. I'm not bashing any manufacturer but when I spend $10,000 on anything, it better hold it's value for more than a year. So where does Krell, Mark Levinson, Ayre, Classe stand on performace if comparing to auto's? Would a Mcinthosh be a ferrari and a sony be a kia? lol Just wondering what the chain is. My salesman stated Wilson audio is the ferrari of speakers while B&W would be porsche. I guess its still subjective.
Sorry, whoever you are talking to doesn't know s#$t. The SSP 800 is a totally new design, and actually doesn't include room correction what so ever, just PEQ. Classe decided to go without as they didn't like the current room correction offerings. The reason the older models have dropped is due to the 800, though I have seen most 600s going for $2500, the 300s for $1200, and they didn't cost $8k in the first place. They depreciate about the same as Mc MXs. Classe amps hold their value pretty well. I prefer Mc for my system, but for value the SSP 800 is hard to beat...I am waiting to see the MX150 in action, but for sound quality the SSP 800 is amazing.