View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 04:32 PM

Smile

I try not to spend a lot of money on power cords unless the improvement is substantial. I've experienced incredible upgrades in performance with all the Shunyata products I own. My first Shunyata investments were the results of home trials from a Shunyata dealer.

I took a chance on trying the Delta NR cord on my PS Audio NuWave DSD DAC. Finally I was able to hear what this component was capable of. All the elements of music came through clearly and all the noisy AC grunge went away.

I got the idea to pay attention to power cord upgrade from one of the reviews I read of the NuWave DSD where a power cord upgrade much favorably changed the reviewer's impression. I ended up getting a second Delta NR for another NuWave DSD DAC I use in a different system. Same improvements experienced.

I'm not surprised that the review above was favorable. The Delta NR cord is definitely a worthy consideration if wondering about power cord upgrades. I've not tried higher performance levels from Shunyata's latest series, but I've heard they're even better. Home trials if possible are highly recommended before investing the $$$. I read a caveat from another AudioAficionado member to NOT try unless you're ready to buy. I've experienced that sentiment first hand, LOL!