View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjazz123 View Post
I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he told me that Sonus Faber instead of current Guarneri and Futura models will release (supposedly In February) new speakers with reduced MSRP:

1. Guarneri Tradition - MSRP $15900

2. Amati Tradition - MSRP $29,900

and most interesting to me it will be new 3 way floor stander between Guarneri and Amati

3. Serafino Tradition - MSRP 21,900.

I cant wait to see the pictures and detailed specifications. If somebody have any additional information, please post.

Thank you.
I have also seen photos for all 3 new models (I'm sure they will be all over the web very soon). My least favorite of the classic "Homage" line revisions so far. Basically, they all look like Olympicas on steroids, and even use some minor touches that reminded me of the Principia (their new entry-level line). The Guarneri will for sure polarize folks. The Amati seems ok based on what I have seen, but I still prefer the original, and even the Futura looks, to my taste, more elegant and coherent (visually speaking) than this new model. The Serafino feels to me like an unnecessary addition, but we shall see... At least prices are SLIGHTLY lower.