View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagman View Post
Understand KZ
I like them better than the Sabrina's and I loved the Sabrina's. A few things;
Bass is much much better-quicker without any overhang. They play much louder without any strain. The Sabrina's didn't seem to like being pushed as much. Again I loved the Sabrina's but they weren't as flexible as the 1038's. The Sabrina's never sounded bad by any means, but some stuff sounded considerably better than others. Whatever I throw at the Focals is met with unflinching resolve. I haven't found a genre they don't like. They are a bit livelier than the Sabrina's. Those looking for wallflower speakers should keep shopping. For me that is a great thing. Today my ancient Stevie Wonder Musiquarium and Who's, Whos Next sounded like they were remastered. They weren't. High quality masters like JT's October Road was unreal.
I also busted through the soundstage today. Very tall, broad and deep. More so than the Sabrina's.
I've owned 1028BEs for almost 5 years. I've heard the 1038s and they are definately bigger and fuller sounding but overall have the same sound signature. They resolve and are accurate to a fault and sound good with well recorded music and are totally unforgiving to anything else. The Focal sound stage is rather recessed and flat in comparison to the Sabrina which is much more forward and live like. The Sabrina is a little colored and for it much more forgiving to the recording and sweet sounding at lower volumes. As for loud volumes you should be able to pound the crap out of the 1038s for sure but I hope your ears don't start ringing like mine do now.

The one suggestion I have is get a set of Transparent audio speakers cables they do wonders for Focal Electra speakers which have a bit of peak in the top end by design.