View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
I saw the Stromtank at RMAF this year. Although at ~$28k it is rather pricey just having the ability to eliminate power related "grunge" during lengthly listening sessions is a big plus. Here is the CA write up on the piece.

The Stromtank model S 5000 is an independent power source for audio equipment. It's a battery power source created by the founder of Mbl Wolfgang Meletzky. The S 5000 has a 5000 Wh capacity with 4000 W peak performance. The unit weighs 253.5 lbs and is full of LiFePo4 batteries. There are many neat things about this battery supply, including the fact that it could run the show system (Audio Alchemy components) for nearly two days before requiring a recharge. Once the unit needs recharging it can automatically reconnect to the grid, and still allow playback of the audio components without a glitch. This is really a cool unit. I believe the MSRP will be around $28,000.

I believe the unit will be distributed in the US by D'Agostino's Master Audio Systems. I think my dealer may bring one in to his store but I am not sure there will be too many home trials since it weighs 259 lbs. I should be seeing Dan and Petra Friday evening and plan on asking them their thoughts.

Jim, were you ever able to ask your dealer or Dan and Petra what their thoughts are about the Stromtank? It seems to hold great promise. Thanks.