View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
yeah, when one looks at the 'guts' of the component do you ever wonder where the msrp comes from ?? Holy Cow ...... and I thought jewelry and clothing had big mark ups !!
Quite a thread. I'm just headed back from Munich.

Unfortunately, looking at "guts" is a very poor indicator of cost in construction. We have some of the lowest wholesale margins and retail prices in our market segment, so you are entirely wrong about high-markup percentages and the Denali products -- or our cable products. Everything in the US Denali models is custom designed and manufactured. The solid-copper CopperConn outlets, custom-designed medical-filters, QR/BB module, CCI filters and VTX (hollow core wiring) are all one of a kind parts. Buying and modifying a heavy choke or iso-transformer does not necessarily equate to great value.

One point that doesn't get mentioned in comparisons with AQ's Niagara is retail price. We manufacture a Denali Shelf unit, which has the same performance as the Denali Tower, for $3995. While I'm working from memory, the Niagara retails for $7995, I believe. The better price comparison would be to the Triton v3, but regardless, the Denali-Niagra comparison has been done many times and commented on in detail on forums such as Audio Shark and a couple of others.

The Denali's have proven themselves in a resounding way in reviews and throughout world markets thus far and our feedback from customers and dealers has been consistent. Like our other products, we take great care in pricing the products fairly, following a strict parts-labor-overhead to retail formula. We have no $30,000 speaker cables and no $20,000 power cord, yet we use entirely custom-made parts, materials and unique, patented technologies. It doesn't take a math-wiz to see we are treating our pricing policy and market differently when comparing not only our products , but retail prices with other, far more expensive designs.

Best regards,

Grant