View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacc7 View Post
I am a real skeptic when it comes to external tweaks, especially when it comes to things like power cables and I guess cables in general. Vibration reduction could impact sound quality for things like turntables and amps that have microphonic tubes. As far as your tubes go I can think of logical explanations like different runs of tubes having slightly different coatings, wire spacing, etc. that we can't see.

I'm willing to put my skepticism to the test as long as it doesn't cost much. Like I said, I'll get a different 5y3 the next time I order tubes as see if it makes any difference. So many tweaks, including rectifiers, cost so much. I would rather put significant expenses towards new speakers instead
Hi
I see the thing with the electricity exactly the other way around.
If you ride a bike and the dynamo drives a normal lamp, then you can see the current fluctuations on the light.
I think the electricity, the cables, the installation of the devices and the room deserve the same importance as the HiFI devices themselves.
The overall result can only be as good as the worst component.
If there is a mistake at the front, it is potentiated and in the end the result can be good, but not the optimum.
I wanted to buy a new amplifier over 25 years ago and tried it at home. the dealer also gave some cables to try.
I opted for other power and chinch cable.
the difference was much greater than the replacement of the amplifier.
I invested the money in power supply, cables and resonance optimization. This was the best decision from the cost / benefit calculation that I have not regretted so far.