View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 11:10 PM
Go Dawgs

Tuesday. Got up and did some more listening, namely perused Paul McGowan's PS Audio playlist on Qobuz which was pretty cool, found some new stuff that I wasn't familiar with as well as played him some of my more "collectible" records including Holly Cole's Don't Smoke in Bed on Classic Records 45 RPM box set, introduced him to Lyn Stanley's jazz recordings on vinyl and promised him I wouldn't play any ABBA. Other selections included Brothers in Arms MFSL 45 RPM (of course), and we also spun some CDs using the DCS Rossini as the DAC. Once Atlanta traffic died down, we headed out first to grab some lunch......picked a place called the General Muir near Emory Univ...., voted one of the top lunch places in Atlanta two years in a row, it's a deli/restaurant known for their burgers and sandwiches

After lunch we headed over to Decatur CD, a small but well stocked shop near midtown Atlanta that carries a ton of new and used vinyl as well as numerous CDs. They have a pretty decent audiophile section too.

I picked up a few things there that I'll share in a minute. From there we headed over to the Little Five Points area known for their eclectic shops, restaurants and of course Criminal Records, one of the founding fathers of Record Store Day.

Steve posing in front of the collectible wall....they had some really good (but expensive) stuff on display including an original MOFI Led Zeppelin II

Had a couple of pretty good finds here...I found a NM pressing of John Lennon's Imagine from the EMI 100 anniversary reissue project.....an all analog release that sounds better than the newer one from the Lennon box set. After hanging there for a bit, headed back to the house to beat Atlanta traffic.
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3

Last edited by audioguy3107; 11-14-2019 at 11:19 PM.