View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bILLwOJO View Post
... A conventional flat blade screwdriver is ground to a wedge shape and chrome plated will "cam out" when high torque is applied. This will damage or destroy the screw head.
The Swiss made PB Baum driver is wedge shaped till it nears the tip and than is straight at the end. It is also black oxided at the end so it is not slippery like chrome. End of buggered up screws! ...
Don't get me started! What is it with slotted head screws???? Why on earth would anyone choose to use such a screw given all of the alternatives: Robertson, Torx, Allen head, hex head, spline, polydrive and so many others. Even a Phillips head is better than a slotted head.

I've said for years that if I ever wake up and find that I've been named King, my first royal act will be to outlaw all slotted head screws across the land!

I know this is the Friendly Forum so I'm sorry if I sound annoyed by this. But really, it's the third millennium. Maybe after we've overcome Covid 19 we can turn our attention to the nasty slotted screw. We all deserve better.