View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 07:05 PM

As I mentioned at the end of my previous post, I was close to getting a Stellar Gain Cell from Ivan. Well I did, and it`s here. With only a couple days break-in it is making fantastic sounding music with the M700 monos and CS 3.6 speakers. CD/SACDs sound improved, whether using the analogue or digital input. Old record albums that I've heard many times are renewed with detail that I've never heard before. The Stellar Gain Cell brings at least as large an improvement to the stereo as the M700s did.

At least to me, the manual didn't make it clear that the Balanced input and one of the single ended RCA inputs share the Source input number one. That created some confusion for about 15 minutes until I figured that out. The USB input is giving me some difficulty as well. I won't detail anything about it in this first impression post; but I'll be contacting PS Audio Monday to find out what is going on.

That's it for now. I'll try to get a post together of my experience with the Stellar Gain Cell this summer after it has fully broken-in.