Thread: Dac-50
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Green Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjetrof View Post
To all. For the moment I m playing with Accuphase e650 and Harbeth 40.2

Cables I want to use is the shunyata venom series. Just in doubt which Dac/streamer.

That was the plan. I love Accuphase gear. Therefore dac from Accuphase but which one would be the right one for my system?

Dac 50 ? Dc 37 I think new is going to come. Or a dp560 and start playing cd s again? While I’m very happy with streaming tidal or Qobuz even Spotify. So to the more experienced under us, is the Dac 50 a fullgrown Dac? Or is dc new one probably so much better in sound quality playing music from one of the streaming services?

At the cost of the DAC50 you can’t really go wrong and I think you would be able to live with for the long run.

I switch my system between analog or digital focused every couple of months. For digital I would use the DC37 exclusively; when I run the system primarily as analog, I bring out 2-3 turntables and because of space constraints, only use the DAC40 when listening to digital during those months. I never miss the DC 37 during those times and without direct comparison can easily enjoy the DAC40 or 50.