View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Yeah, I know, like I need another tuner but as it worked out I have a mint Crown FM2 tuner on its way to me. Some of you may remember about two years ago I saw this tuner on eBay along with a Crown amp and preamp. Pete (Vintage Pete) purchased the amplifier and I almost purchased the tuner but changed my mind because of how many tuners I already own. None the less I was drawn to this tuner like a moth to a flame. Terry (thughes) had posted that he was looking for a tuner so I made a post on AA letting him know about the Crown FM2. He bought it and had planned to use it in an all tube system. Well, here it is almost two years later and Terry never put together the tube system he was thinking about and never used the tuner. At the time he purchased the Crown FM2 I had asked him to let me have the right of first refusal if he ever decided to sell it. Yesterday was that day. He asked me if I was interested in the Crown FM2 tuner and I said yes. So that's it. It shipped today and I should have it Thursday. I plan to install the FM2 in the control room side of the recording studio. It should be a nice addition to one of my engineering racks in the control room. Funny how things work out sometimes. Yes, I am smiling.
Dan when you have Pete over you may not want to turn you back. He may decide he made a mistake not picking it up when he had the chance.

C500, MX123, MC501 (2), MC207, MCD500,
Silenzio, Bryston BDA3, Shunyata Denali 6000/S,
Panasonic UB900, Canton Reference 3K,
Canton Reference 50K, Fresco, Descent